A fellow Vancouver Blogger that goes by the name Gus Greeper has a really interesting entry about this seasonâ€™s Survivor Cook Islands. Apparently she went to the Cook Islands with her family in 1998 and from how she’s describing everything, it sounds like a lot of the aspects of this seasons Survivor are complete bs. Just a few points out of the post that make me go hmmm, are:
- “There are fifteen islands in total. The main island whose name and capital is Rarotonga is so small you can ride a motor scooter around it in approximately twenty minutes.”
- “ALL of the tribes are on Rarotonga although they are trying to make it look like they are using multiple islands they are not. Exile Island takes no more than ten minutes to swim out to I donâ€™t remember exactly but I reached it without problem.”
- “The white guys are at the park where I ran the triathlon. They could head over to the â€˜Fruits of Rarotongaâ€™ for a fruit smoothie.”
- “The one group on aitutaki are in the lagoon where all the nice resorts are. It just kills the illusion that they are out in the wilderness.”
- “And the reason that they stopped chasing the chicken is they would have run out on the road and been run over. You may have noticed in one shot when they were chasing the chicken that there was a pile of poles lying on the ground, you canâ€™t cut trees in the park so they have supplied them with poles. Plus I think if you check they do not have bamboo in that part of the world. We have been all over that island I have never seen any.”
To find out more about this seasonâ€™s Survivor Cook Islands and the Cook Islands in general, check out the story over at GusGreeper.com.