I found this article over at Crooks and Liars and it really puts the Iraq War in perspective. You hear figures in the millions and billions being thrown around everyday when it comes to the War in Iraq and when you hear these figures so often, they begin to lose all meaning and value.
This article is specifically for the $40.3 billion California tax payers will pay to keep the US in the war. This really puts everything in perspective:
- 16,733,296 People with Health Care or
- 627,551 Elementary School Teachers or
- 4,767,634 Head Start Places for Children or
- 25,168,314 Children with Health Care or
- 235,246 Affordable Housing Units or
- 4,390 New Elementary Schools or
- 7,685,109 Scholarships for University Students or
- 616,017 Music and Arts Teachers or
- 741,482 Public Safety Officers or
- 117,140,845 Homes with Renewable Electricity or
- 601,790 Port Container Inspectors
It’s hard to believe how much good that money could be doing. What a waste.
Read the Story @ Crooks and Liars